Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions constitute the full and complete service agreement between you (the customer) and Elite Home Assistance (EHA) for the provision of cleaning services.
It is important to completely understand the following terms as by using EHA’s services constitutes the full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- EHA provides both domestic (residential) and commercial cleaning services (the service), the location of services is specified by the customer (the premises).
- Services may occur on a regular basis or as a one time only service rendered.
- EHA will provide one or more cleaners (the cleaner) to attend the premises to provide the service at a time and date mutually agreed between EHA and the customer.
- EHA Hourly rates are charged per hour per individual staff member until the completion of the job.
- EHA endeavours to provide the Service faithfully, diligently and in a timely and professional manner.
Additions and amendments
- If the Customer requires any additional services or variations at the time the Service is being performed, the Customer must first contact EHA, who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion and subject to additional charges.
The Customer represents and warrants that:
- it will provide a safe working environment at the Premises for the Cleaner to perform the Service;
- the Cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to those areas of the Premises requiring the Service;
- it will provide the Cleaner with access to all services and utilities (including hot and cold water, electricity, and rubbish bins) as required by the Cleaner to provide the Service;
- Any cleaning equipment and materials provided by the Customer are safe, have not been tampered with and are in full working order; and any outcome of provided materials are the customers responsibility
- it will advise EHA prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime at the Premises;
- if the Customer requires the Cleaner to clean behind or under any heavy items (eg. a fridge, bookshelf, or other furniture), it will move those items prior to the commencement of the Service; and
- it will secure or remove any fragile, delicate, breakable or valuable items, including cash, jewellery, works of art, antiques, or items of sentimental value prior to the commencement of the Service.
Health and safety risks
- In addition to the obligations and warranties set out above, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- the Cleaner is entitled to undertake a job safety analysis before the commencement of any work to assess the health and safety risk at the Premises;
- the Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not provide or cease the provision of the Service where carrying out the Service presents, in the absolute discretion of the Cleaner, a risk to health and safety.
No engagement of cleaners
- The Customer acknowledges EHA invests significant resources in recruiting, selecting and training its Cleaners. Unless EHA gives prior written permission, the Customer must not, directly or indirectly, engage, employ or contract with any Cleaner to provide domestic services to the Customer or any associate of the customer for any period during which services are provided by EHA or for a period within 12 months after the conclusion of any Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that EHA may suffer loss and damage, including, without limitation consequential loss, as a result of a breach of this clause by the Customer.
- The actual price payable by the Customer may be calculated on:
- The configuration of the Premises based on our price guide (i.e.: end-of-lease cleaning);
- the number of rooms/pieces (i.e.: for carpet cleaning, window cleaning, tile and grout);
- the total number of hours worked by the Cleaner.
- Any price quoted by EHA is an estimate only based on EHA’s experience, without inspection, and based on information provided by the Customer. Subject to this clause, quotes are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quote.
- Minimum call fees will apply according to the Service required:
- $129 min service charge for all new clients
- If at the commencement or during the course of providing the Service, it is apparent that the actual cost of the Service will exceed the quote provided by EHA by 25%, EHA will immediately provide the Customer with notification that the service will be an increased price or whether the service will cease upon quotation limit.
- The Customer must inform EHA whether any cleaning services required are for an ‘end of tenancy’ at the time of quotation. EHA will endeavour to meet the real estates standard of cleanliness based on the condition report given to tenants. If a customer has a budget, this must be specified so that in the event that the clean will cost more, the customer understands that the job may not be completed and it will need to be finished by the customer.
- The Customer may make a booking either in person, by phone, email, text message, messenger or on EHA website.
- At the time of the booking the Customer must provide details of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime located at the Premises;
- EHA provides all quotations at the time of booking subject to inspection
- The Customer agrees to provide EHA with their valid email and contact details.
- EHA reserves the right not to accept a booking for any reason.
- The Customer agrees to pay the full invoice amount within 7 days of the service being completed.
- Payments are to be made via credit card or bank transfer to Melissa McKee BSB 062 822 Account Number 172 16396
- The Customer agrees that if EHA has not received payment in full for the Service within the payment term of 7 days, then a late payment fee of $25.00 applies plus interest that will be charged on the fixed rate of 10% per annum on each day that any amount remains outstanding thereafter.
- In addition to the amounts set out above, the Customer agrees to indemnify EHA for all legal costs and any other expenses incurred by EHA in connection with a demand, action, or other proceeding arising out of a breach of these terms.
Complaints and Service guarantee
- If the Customer is dissatisfied for any reason with the Service provided, it must inform EHA within 24 hours of completion of the Service.
- EHA strives to achieve 100% customer satisfaction and will endeavour to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently.
- In the event any customer is dissatisfied, EHA may offer the customer a re-visit free of charge to rectify any issues agreed upon by the Customer and EHA.
Exclusions and limitations
The service guarantee for real estate cleans is only valid for up to 5 days after the date of the Service and under the following conditions:
- No building or maintenance work has been carried out at the Premises during or after the cleaning has been finished including but not limited to: renovation work, flooring replacement/repair, painting and decorating, plumbing or electrical work and other similar services;
- The Premises being vacant on the day of cleaning and remaining vacant thereafter;
- the Premises has not been damaged in any way, whether from weather conditions or other acts of nature, accidents by an external party or the client or animals left in the property during or after the Service;
- The condition of the Premises has been previously discussed with the Customer and considered by EHA excessively damaged and/or dirty, therefore, directly impacting the quality of the Service provided.
- not completing or providing the Service due to an act or omission of the Customer or any other person at the Premises during provision of the Service;
- existing dirt, wear, damage or stains that cannot be completely cleaned or removed;
- any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- any loss incurred as a result of any breakage or damage to goods, items of value (including antiques, items of sentimental value) or the Premises;
Accidents, breakage, damage & theft
- The Customer must inform EHA of any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of the Cleaner within 24 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Customer is not entitled to claim any loss for any incident if the incident is not reported to EHA within 24 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, damage or loss to the following items are specifically excluded from the liability of EHA under these terms and conditions: cash, jewellery, art, antiques, and items of sentimental value.
- EHA is fully insured and will cover any accidental damages caused by the Cleaner working on behalf of EHA, when reported within 24 hours of service date.
- Insurance cover does not include anything that may break down or stop working at any time such as: dishwasher, washing machine, oven, cookers, extractor fans, fridge, freezer, etc, any other items, instability of which the Customer is already aware of, such as bathroom appliances or any fixtures.
- The Customer is obliged to warn the Cleaner about appliances that are poorly fixed or not in full working order.
- The Customer must provide EHA with at least 24 hours notice prior to the Service Time, if they wish to suspend, postpone or cancel the Service for any reason.
- In the event that such notice has been given, EHA will endeavour to reschedule the Service if required.
- In the event that the Customer does not provide 24 hours notice prior to the commencement of the Service, the Customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to 1 hour of cleaning for administrative costs.
- For all once off and first time bookings, there will be a booking fee of 25% of the quoted price. This amount will be deducted from the final invoice, subject to cancellation. This must be paid prior to the clean commencement.
- In the event that the Customer does not provide unencumbered access the Premises for EHA or its Cleaners to provide the Service, the Customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to 2 hours cleaning for administrative and travel costs.
- This Agreement may be terminated by the Customer by providing at least 24 hours notice prior to the Service Time.
- EHA may terminate this Agreement by providing the Customer with at least 24 hours notice prior to the Service Time.
- EHA may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect if the Customer is in breach of this Agreement, and in the opinion of EHA, that the breach is incapable of resolution.
- EHA agrees not to share any information provided by the Customer with any third party not directly involved in the provision of the Service (unless required to do so by law).
- The Customer agrees to EHA communicating with them electronically and/or via other means in order to provide the Service or for reasons related to the provision of the Service.
- EHA will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information provided by the Customer from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- EHA team members will be taking photographs for quality assurance which may be used for social media purposes. No details will be contained in such photographs. If you do not allow this to occur please let EHA know.